Re: Where do a novice do to make it run faster?

От A B
Тема Re: Where do a novice do to make it run faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Here is some more information.

Size of database:

du -sh /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/*
4,1M    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1
4,1M    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/10792
4,1M    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/10793
9,1M    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/16388
11M     /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/19233
1,6G    /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/20970

I'm not sure what the size acctually is... But I can't imagine that it
is 1,6 GB!!! I'd say I have 11MB of data in it...

Cpu is Intel CoreDuo E6750, 4 GB RAM
Harddiscs are two Segate 320 GB SATA discs. running software raid
(!!), raid-1.Yes, this might be a big performance hit, but that is
what I have right now, in the future I can throw more money on
hardware.

Will I see a general improvement in performance in 8.3.X over 8.1.11?