Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql statements \gstore \gstore_binary(instead COPY RAW)

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql statements \gstore \gstore_binary(instead COPY RAW)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql statements \gstore \gstore_binary(instead COPY RAW)  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/9/16 9:39 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> SELECT image FROM accounts WHERE id = xxx
> \gstore_binary ~/image.png
>
> What do you think about this proposal?

Seems reasonable.

I've lost track at this point... is there a way to go the other
direction with that as well? Namely, stick the contents of a file into a
field via an INSERT or UPDATE?

I've done that in the past via psql -v var=`cat file`, but there's
obviously some significant drawbacks to that...
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)