Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Marina Polyakova
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> I was not convinced by the overall memory management around variables
>>> to begin with, and it is even less so with their new copy management.
>>> Maybe having a clean "Variables" data structure could help improve
>>> the
>>> situation.
>
> Note that there is something for psql (src/bin/psql/variable.c) which
> may or may not be shared. It should be checked before recoding
> eventually the same thing.

Thank you very much for pointing this file! As I checked this is another
structure: here there's a simple list, while in pgbench we should know
if the list is sorted and the number of elements in the list. How do you
think, is it a good idea to name a variables structure in pgbench in the
same way (VariableSpace) or it should be different not to be confused
(Variables, for example)?

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company