Nothing is using StrategyNotifyBgWriter() anymore

От Jim Nasby
Тема Nothing is using StrategyNotifyBgWriter() anymore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
While browsing through some of the clock-sweep code I noticed that the
only place StrategyNotifyBgWriter() is called now is in
BackgroundWriterMain()[1]. Presumably this isn't what's desired. If
nothing else, it means the function's description comment is wrong, as
are comments in BackgroundWriterMain(). This isn't new; 9.2 shows the
same thing and that's when the function was added. I'm not sure what the
right fix here is, since ISTM joggling bgwriter for every call to
BufferAlloc() would be overkill.

1:
https://doxygen.postgresql.org/freelist_8c.html#aabbd7d3891afc1d8531c3871d08d4b28