PostgresSQL vs. Firebird

От Relaxin
Тема PostgresSQL vs. Firebird
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Before I ask, I don't want to start a war.

Can someone here give me an honest opinion of how PostgresSQL (PG) is better
than Firebird on Windows?

I've just recently started reading the Firebird NG and a poster over there
has brought up some serious issues with Firebird, but they seem to not take
the issues seriously.

I first wanted to go with Firebird for 2 reasons...

Very easy to configure and very easy to install.
I assumed that the database worked ok, but I'm not so sure now.

So, I've decided to give PG a try...I've downloaded it, but haven't
installed it yet.

So any provable information that you can provide as to why/how PG is
better/faster/easier/reliable than Firebird would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks