Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [Proposal] Add foreign-server health checks infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/12/15 15:40, kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Yeah, remote-checking timeout will be enable even ifa local transaction is opened.
> In my understanding, postgres cannot distinguish whether opening transactions
> are using only local object or not.
> My first idea was that turning on the timeout when GetFdwRoutineXXX functions
> were called,

What about starting the timeout in GetConnection(), instead?

> I attached which implements that.

v05_0004_add_tests.patch failed to be applied to the master. Could you rebase it?

-        This option is currently available only on systems that support the
-        non-standard <symbol>POLLRDHUP</symbol> extension to the
-        <symbol>poll</symbol> system call, including Linux.
+        This option relies on kernel events exposed by Linux, macOS, illumos
+        and the BSD family of operating systems, and is not currently available
+        on other systems.

The above change is included in both v5-0003-Use-WL_SOCKET_CLOSED-for-client_connection_check_.patch and
v05_0002_add_doc.patch.If it should be in the former patch, it should be removed from your patch
v05_0002_add_doc.patch.

There seems no user of UnregisterCheckingRemoteServersCallback(). So how about removing it?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center