Re: Remove unused fields in ReorderBufferTupleBuf

От reid.thompson@crunchydata.com
Тема Re: Remove unused fields in ReorderBufferTupleBuf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-01-25 at 16:11 -0500, reid.thompson@crunchydata.com wrote:

> I walked through v6 and didn't note any issues.
>
> I do want to ask, the patch alters ReorderBufferReturnTupleBuf() and
> drops the unused parameter ReorderBuffer *rb. It seems that
> ReorderBufferFreeSnap(), ReorderBufferReturnRelids(),
> ReorderBufferImmediateInvalidation(), and ReorderBufferRestoreCleanup()
> also pass ReorderBuffer *rb but do not use it. Would it be beneficial
> to implement a separate patch to remove this parameter from these
> functions also?
>
> Thanks,
> Reid

It also appears that ReorderBufferSerializeChange() has 5 instances
where it increments the local variables "data" but then they're never
read.
Lines 3806, 3836, 3854, 3889, 3910

I can create patch and post it to this thread or a new one if deemed
worthwhile.

Thanks,
Reid