Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.08.23 04:15, Andres Freund wrote:
> Potential paths forward for individual CI:
>
> - migrate wholesale to another CI provider
>
> - split CI tasks across different CI providers, rely on github et al
>    displaying the CI status for different platforms
>
> - give up

With the proposed optimizations, it seems you can still do a fair amount
of work under the free plan.

> Potential paths forward for cfbot, in addition to the above:
>
> - Pay for compute / ask the various cloud providers to grant us compute
>    credits. At least some of the cloud providers can be used via cirrus-ci.
>
> - Host (some) CI runners ourselves. Particularly with macos and windows, that
>    could provide significant savings.
>
> - Build our own system, using buildbot, jenkins or whatnot.

I think we should use the "compute credits" plan from Cirrus CI.  It
should be possible to estimate the costs for that.  Money is available,
I think.