Re: pg_cron for vacuum - dynamic table set

От Ron
Тема Re: pg_cron for vacuum - dynamic table set
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/3/22 3:29 PM, saket bansal wrote:
Hi, I am trying to schedule pg_cron to generate a set of commands and then run them. E.g select 'vacuum freeze '||table_name from inventory_for_vacuum \gexec . This works well at command line, but when scheduled in pg_cron, it fails with syntax error ERROR: syntax error at or near "\" .
Since vacuum doesn't work inside a transaction block ERROR: VACUUM cannot run inside a transaction block, I cannot use a function directly to run over a loop.
Any guidance to make it work or an alternative?

What about running the command from regular cron?