Stefan Simkovics' paper and pgsql version 8.1

От Shahbaz
Тема Stefan Simkovics' paper and pgsql version 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I would like to use postgresql for a couple of database experiments
I've been thinking about.  I found Stefan Simkovic's paper
"Enhancement of the ANSI SQL Implementation of PostgreSQL."  It is a
great guide, although I'm wondering:
1. How relevant is this paper now (with release 8.1 in the works)?
2. Have there been any other papers like that more recently?

Secondly, I noticed that presentations from a 204 Oreilly conference
are not on posgresql's developers page.  Perhaps it would be a good
idea to put all these references together.  (I found them after a
thorough google search)

Actually I didn't even know about this bizgres business.  Perhaps the
front page needs updating too.

Lastly, I see that there is a new book "Power Postgresql" being worked
on by some people who's name I remember seeing on this list (I haven't
been a regular reader of this list for a long time now,
unfortunately).  Is that book going to be about developing the
database itself or using it to develop apps.?

Thanks!