Re: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT within pl/pgsql, PG 8.4

От Marek Lewczuk
Тема Re: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT within pl/pgsql, PG 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2009/7/10 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Marek Lewczuk <marek@lewczuk.com> writes:
>> I have made an upgrade to PG 8.4 and following error was thrown during
>> execution of some pl/pgsql function:
>> ERROR:  XX000: SPI_connect failed: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT
>
> Really?  Could we see a self-contained example?
Really... And what is very problematic it doesn't happen always. Right
now this error is thrown in another trigger/function as well:
ERROR:  XX000: SPI_connect failed: SPI_ERROR_CONNECT
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function
"configurationvsibundle_updateconfigurationbundlestrigger" line 116 at
assignment
LOCATION:  plpgsql_call_handler, pl_handler.c:77
STATEMENT:  update configurationvsibundle set newbundle = cast($1 as
vsibundle) where id = $2

I can't prepare an example, cause I can't reproduce this error in an
example, but in production database that error occurs. As I wrote
before, the problem is also that second try of executing a statement,
that cause an error works just fine, but I don't know whether this is
executed in the same connection or in the different one, cause my
application uses connection pooling. How can it be, that pl/pgsql
looses SPI connection within the middle of some function ?

Thanks for help.

ML

От: Sim Zacks
Сообщение: Re: was field updated
От: DonnaR
Сообщение: Rowsaffected return from NonExecQuery with stored procedure problem