Re: [HACKERS] Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/14/17 02:00, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Attached is an updated patch to use --no-sync with pg_dumpall calls.

Please send a rebased patch.

I propose splitting the single Perl script into three separate test
files: one for basic command-line option handling and so on (I would
like to expand that later), one for the main upgrade test, and one for
the funny database names tests.

In the testing file, you removed the paragraph that explains how to do
cross-version upgrade testing.  It's unfortunate that we would lose that
functionality.  What can we do about that?

We also need to have a plan for handling the build farm.  Maybe keep the
vcregress.pl upgradecheck target as a thin wrapper for the time being?