Re: how to manage Cirrus on personal repository

От David Steele
Тема Re: how to manage Cirrus on personal repository
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 9/29/23 18:02, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 3:35 AM Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 13:24, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>>> I have a private repository on GitHub where I park PostgreSQL
>>> development work.  I also have Cirrus activated on that repository, to
>>> build those branches, using the existing Cirrus configuration.
>>>
>>> Now under the new system of limited credits that started in September,
>>> this blew through the credits about half-way through the month.
>
> [Replying to wrong person because I never saw Peter's original email,
> something must be jammed in the intertubes...]
>
> It's annoying, but on the bright side... if you're making it halfway
> through the month, I think that means there's a chance you'd have
> enough credit if we can depessimise the known problems with TAP query
> execution[1], and there are some more obviously stupid things too
> (sleep/poll for replication progress where PostgreSQL should offer an
> event-based wait-for-replay, running all the tests when only docs
> changed, running the regression tests fewer times, ...).

I also have Cirrus setup for my cloned Postgres repo and it is annoying
that it will run CI whenever I push up new commits that I pulled from
git.p.o.

My strategy for this (on other projects) is to require branches that
need CI to end in -ci. Since I use multiple CI services, I further allow
-cic (Cirrus), -cig (Github Actions), etc. PRs are also included. That
way, nothing runs through CI unless I want it to.

Here's an example of how this works on Cirrus:

# Build the branch if it is a pull request, or ends in -ci/-cic (-cic
targets only Cirrus CI)
only_if: $CIRRUS_PR != '' || $CIRRUS_BRANCH =~ '.*-ci$' ||
$CIRRUS_BRANCH =~ '.*-cic$'

Regards,
-David