Re: regression failure

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: regression failure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes

> Hmph.  No obvious reason why that would be platform-dependent.  Is it
> completely repeatable for you?  (You might try the advice I just gave
> Dave Cramer: make distclean and rebuild to ensure you've got fully
> consistent bits ...)

I once noticed that there was something weird of Lock in win32 pg8.0.1. If
you have many connections work concurrently intensively(say contrib/pgbench)
and do fast shutdown in the middle, you will see an assertation failure
here:
if (lock->nRequested == 0){ /*  * We've just released the last lock, so garbage-collect the lock  * object.  */
Assert(SHMQueueEmpty(&(lock->procLocks))); >>> here

The target lock is always 376(XactLockTableId) but there is no obvious
reason why this could happen. Now we removed 376, so everything looks ok.

Regards,
Qingqing