Counting booleans for two columns

От Rikard Bosnjakovic
Тема Counting booleans for two columns
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have a table with values similiar to this (I have reduced the number
of rows from the actual table):

 played | stats_exists
--------+--------------
 t      | t
 t      | f
 t      | t
 t      | t
 f      | t
 t      | t
 t      | f

What I want to do is to count the number of "t" in each column and
return the values (in two separate columns). The only thing I've
managed to do is doing a UNION, but this gives me the (correct)
results in one column only, I want the results in two (I need to
distinguish between the numbers). I did like this:

 SELECT count(played) AS played
 FROM matches
 WHERE origin=1 AND played AND NOT training AND match_date > '2009-08-01'
UNION
 SELECT count(stats_exists) AS stats
 FROM matches
 WHERE origin=1 AND stats_exists AND NOT training AND match_date > '2009-08-01';

with this result:

 played
--------
     12         <-- stats
     13         <-- played
(2 rows)

How can I rewrite the SELECT so I get two values in separate columns
instead of two rows?

--
- Rikard