Re: repmgr and STONIT - SPLIT BAIN

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: repmgr and STONIT - SPLIT BAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

On 1/15/19 5:54 PM, ROS Didier wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are going to implement repmgr according to the following configuration :
>
> -Primary node on the site A
>
> -Standby node on the site B
>
> -Witness node on the same site A
>
> Do we need to use LOCATION repmgr parameter in this case to avoid Split Brain and permit STONIT ?

In this case, the "location" parameter should be the same for all nodes.

FYI the "location" parameter is intended for the use case where you have a large
number of nodes in multiple data centres and need to ensure that only a node in the
same data centre (location) as the primary can get promoted.

STONITH is something you'll need to implement yourself.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
  Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/