Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Separate log file for extension

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Separate log file for extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 08/28/2017 11:23 AM, Antonin Houska wrote:
> Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25 August 2017 at 15:12, Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:
>>
>> How will this play with syslog? csvlog? etc?
>
> There's nothing special about csvlog: the LogStream structure has a
> "destination" field, so if particular extension wants this kind of output, it
> simply sets the LOG_DESTINATION_CSVLOG bit here.

I assume Craig's point was more about CSVLOG requiring log_collector=on.
So what will happen if the PostgreSQL is started without the collector,
and an extension attempts to use LOG_DESTINATION_CSVLOG? Or will it
start a separate collector for each such extension?

regards