Re: MAINTAIN privilege -- what do we need to un-revert it?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: MAINTAIN privilege -- what do we need to un-revert it?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-07-11 at 05:52 -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> > I could try to refactor it into two statements and execute them
> > separately, or I could try to rewrite the statement to use a fully-
> > qualified destination table before execution. Thoughts?
>
> Those sound fine.  Also fine: just adding a comment on why creation
> namespace
> considerations led to not doing it there.

Attached. 0002 separates the CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ... WITH DATA
into (effectively):

   CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ... WITH NO DATA;
   REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW ...;

Using refresh also achieves the stated goal more directly: to (mostly)
ensure that a subsequent REFRESH will succeed.

Note: the creation itself no longer executes in a security-restricted
context, but I don't think that's a problem. The only reason it's using
the security restricted context is so the following REFRESH will
succeed, right?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения