Re: using explicit_bzero

От ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Тема Re: using explicit_bzero
Дата
Re: using explicit_bzero  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>> +#ifndef HAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO
>> +#define explicit_bzero(b, len) bzero(b, len)
>> +#endif
>
> This presumes that every platform has bzero, which is unsafe (POSIX
> doesn't specify it) and is an assumption we kicked to the curb a dozen
> years ago (067a5cdb3).  Please use memset() for the substitute instead.
>
> Also, I'm a bit suspicious of using AC_CHECK_FUNCS for this; that
> generally Doesn't Work for anything that's not a vanilla out-of-line
> function.  Are we worried about people implementing this as a macro,
> compiler built-in, etc?

Also, on Linux it requires libbsd: https://libbsd.freedesktop.org/
(which seems to be down, but
https://packages.debian.org/buster/libbsd-dev has a list of the
functions it provides).

- ilmari
--
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,
 at any given time, on fire." - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: File descriptors inherited by restore_command