Re: [HACKERS] Show backtrace when tap tests fail

От ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Show backtrace when tap tests fail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On 09/19/2017 01:31 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> # Include module showing backtraces upon failures. As it's a
>>> non-standard module, don't fail if not installed.
>>> eval { use Carp::Always; }
>
>> Or maybe Devel::Confess ?
>
> Neither one seems to be present in a standard Perl installation :-(

No, hence making it optional via eval { }.  That way we can get more
useful output from the buildfarm (and Travis) by installing it there,
without imposing extra dependencies on end users.

We already depend on one non-core module (IPC::Run), so presumably we
could add others, but I presume the threshold for that is quite high.

- ilmari
--
"a disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,at any given time, on fire." - Stig Sandbeck Mathisen