Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - PANIC: cannot make new WAL entries during recovery

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - PANIC: cannot make new WAL entries during recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, February 18, 2010 23:08, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Erik Rijkers wrote:
>
>> And to be clear: I realize that one cannot expect a pg_dump at a slave to work:
>
> Hmm, why not?

Because the slave is readonly.

My case was:
  pg_dump $pg8.4.2 | psql $slave

I ran this by accident.

I suppose I should have written more clearly:
 "one cannot expect throwing a pg_dump at a slave to work"

Erik Rijkers