Re: Allow pg_signal_backend members to use pg_log_backend_memory_stats().

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Allow pg_signal_backend members to use pg_log_backend_memory_stats().
Дата
Re: Allow pg_signal_backend members to use pg_log_backend_memory_stats().  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2021-10-23 at 20:42 +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> The predefined roles documentation notes
> that members of pg_signal_backend cannot signal superuser-owned
> backends, but AFAICT pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() has no such
> restriction at the moment.  Should we add this?

Added, good catch.

> This is unrelated to this patch, but should we also consider opening
> up pg_reload_conf() and pg_rotate_logfile() to members of
> pg_signal_backend?  Those are the other "server signaling functions"
> see in the docs.

Those are actually signalling the postmaster, not an ordinary backend.
Also, those functions are already GRANTable, so I think we should leave
them as-is.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения