Moving from 7.2.1 to 8.1.5 - looking for jdbc

От Arindam
Тема Moving from 7.2.1 to 8.1.5 - looking for jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I work with a product which uses postgresql internally. I build
postgresql from source for Solaris SPARC and Linux. So far I have been
using 7.2.1 but lately I realized that it has long been obsolete and I
chose to move to 8.1.5.

In my earlier build system, I was patching a couple of source files in
the source tree before carrying out the build. Currently I see, there
is no src/interface/jdbc directory. One of the files I was patching
was the Statement.java source.

I am in a fix. Do I need to separately download the jdbc drivers and
build them into a jar file? More importantly, I am a little concerned
about what all major changes have happened that will likely affect my
build.

What all has moved out of the tar that is available for download ( I
am talking about postgresql-<ver>.tar.gz ).

- Arindam