Re: ***SPAM*** Re: random huge delay when recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: ***SPAM*** Re: random huge delay when recreate a VIEW or FUNCTION
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/14/2016 09:49 PM, Catalin Maftei wrote:
> hei Adrian,
>
> thx for your reply,
>
> this is an example:
>
> "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW feedback.get_answers_set AS
>  SELECT f.awb || '/' || r.dulapid as "awb",
>     q.qid,
>     q.question,
>     a.aid,
>     a.answer,
>     q.questionareid,
>     f.stamp_created
>     , c.first_name
>     , l.referinta_expeditor
> FROM feedback.answers a
>      JOIN feedback.questions q ON a.qid = q.qid
>      JOIN feedback.feedback f ON f.qid = q.qid AND f.aid = a.aid
>      join public.livrari_details ld on ld.awb=f.awb
>      join public.livrari l on l.livrareid = ld.livrareid
>      join public.customers c on l.shipto_custkey = c.custkey
>      join dulap.rezervare r on r.rezid = l.rezervareid;
>
> ALTER TABLE feedback.get_answers_set
>   OWNER TO postgres;"
>

> I use PGADMIN 1.22.1
>
> my server is remote and is replicated Master-Slave.
>

> my team report this random delay all the time when we recreate VIEWS and
> FUNCTIONS.

I do not understand random and all the time? Is there always a delay,
but the length of time is random or does a delay happen randomly?

So to be clear the team is also using pgAdmin to do the updates?

Have you tried some other tool, say psql, to narrow down where the
problem might be?

Have you looked at the server logs in time frame the recreate scripts
are run to see if something else is going on at the same time?

>>> www.livrarionline.ro

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com