Re: improve performance of pg_dump with many sequences

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: improve performance of pg_dump with many sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 10, 2024, at 7:05 PM, Nathan Bossart wrote:
I'm not following why that would be a better approach.  strncpy() will add
a NUL to the end of the string unless it doesn't fit in the buffer, in
which case we'll add our own via "seqtype[sizeof(seqtype) - 1] = '\0'".
Furthermore, the compiler can determine the position where the NUL should
be placed, whereas placing it at the end of the copied string requires a
runtime strlen().

Nevermind, you are copying the whole buffer (n = sizeof(seqtype)).

Unfortunately, I think we have to keep this workaround since older minor
releases of PostgreSQL don't have the fix.

Hmm. Right.

What pg_dump command did you test here?  Did you dump the sequence data, or
was this --schema-only?

time pg_dump -f - -s -d postgres

--
Euler Taveira