Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Recognizing superuser in pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-01-06 17:03, Tom Lane wrote:
> So it's not clear to me whether we have any meeting of the minds
> on wanting this patch.

This fairly far-ranging syntax reorganization of pg_hba.conf doesn't
appeal to me.  pg_hba.conf is complicated enough conceptually for users,
but AFAICT nobody ever complained about the syntax or the lexical
structure specifically.  Assigning meaning to randomly chosen special
characters, moreover in a security-relevant file, seems like the wrong
way to go.

Moreover, this thread has morphed from what it says in the subject line
to changing the syntax of pg_hba.conf in a somewhat fundamental way.  So
at the very least someone should post a comprehensive summary of what is
being proposed, instead of just attaching patches that implement
whatever was discussed across the thread.