AW: Windows installation requires admin rights

От Osdoba, Sascha
Тема AW: Windows installation requires admin rights
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi,

i guess the VC++ runtime will not work as default user without admin rights.

My 2 cents for machine vs user based installation:

But If you make available a version for users w/o admin rights please make sure to also keep the version with admin rights.

I deploy software in our enterprise and user based installation is a pain in the a.., machine based installation is only way to go.

even more if you are using applocker to restrict software use.

What you can do, installer could check if admin rights are given then it will do a machine based installation, if not do the user based.

Google chrome and Firefox are using this way to install on windows but this may need some logic in the installer, idk if inno is providing it.

Regards,

Sascha