Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Fix contributor name-related inconsistencies in release-12.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2019-09-23 13:08, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> While translating Release Notes for version 12 I found some
> inconsistencies with contributor names.
> 1. Constantine Kuznetsov and Konstantin Kuznetsov are the same person.
> 2. Sho Kato and Kato Sho too.
> 3. Takayuki Tsunakawa is present in the Acknowledgments, but Tsunakawa
> Takayuki is referred in the change list.
> Regarding Japanese names I found that in the Postgres documentation the
> given name is mostly specified first. E.g.: Daisuke Higuchi, Haruka
> Takatsuka, Hayato Kuroda, Hironobu Suzuki, Keiichi Hirobe, Kenji Uno,...
> So I would remove "Kato Sho" because "Sho" is a given name:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8D_(given_name)
> And change "Tsunakawa Takayuki" to "Takayuki Tsunakawa" because
> "Takayuki" is a given name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takayuki
>
> Also, there are other names spelled in the reverse order:
> Fujii Masao
> Koizumi Satoru
> Matsumura Ryo
> So I propose a second patch to fix these names too.

We had discussed this in previous years and resolved that we use the
forms that these individuals use when posting to these mailing lists, in
whichever order they prefer.  So as far as I'm concerned, the forms
listed in the release notes for PG10 and PG11 are canonical and should
continue to be used.