Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"
Дата
Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"  (Sergey Burladyan <eshkinkot@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 01/11/2018 01:53 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      15006
> Logged by:          Sergey Burladyan
> Email address:      eshkinkot@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 10.1
> Operating system:   Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) in docker
>
> I run tests in docker with current system user "user" and "make check" stop
> with error:
>      updatable_views          ... ok
>      rolenames                ... FAILED
>      roleattributes           ... ok

Hmmm ... I'm having this issue too (my distribution uses "user"
internally for the default user). Over time I managed to convince myself
it's not really a PostgreSQL bug, but rather a strange choice of OS user
name. And I've been simply ignoring this particular regression failure
on my laptop.

But maybe we could/should fix it anyway? Most regression tests switched
to roles prefixed with regress_* so why not to do the same here?

Of course, a particularly strange distribution could still pick a
conflicting OS name, but that seems rather unlikely, I guess.

regards