Re: Postgres: Starting Server in background mode

От CM J
Тема Re: Postgres: Starting Server in background mode
Дата
Re: Postgres: Starting Server in background mode  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: Postgres: Starting Server in background mode  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

     I do not want start postgres as a service.Postgres will bundled along with my application and i am only looking at starting it only from cmd line.If there are any options to disable this cmd window which appears after executing the "pg_ctl.exe start", that would be great !

Thanks.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
CM J wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        To start the postgres server in background mode in windows, i
> executed the following command:
>
> *runas /user:postgres "D:\postgres_new\pgsql\bin\pg_ctl.exe -W start -D
> D:\postgres_new\pgsql\data -l D:\postgres_new\pgsql\data\logfile"*
>
>          The postgres starts up all fine and logs get redirected.However, a
> command window gets opened which says "server starting...". How do i disable
> this command window ?

Run Pg as a service, and use the "net" command or the "services.msc"
snapin to start/stop the service.

The GUI installer sets Pg up as a service by default. Why not use that?

--
Craig Ringer