Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New partitioning - some feedback
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/07/11 18:57, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 4:16 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>> So whatever we land on needs to mention partition_of and
>> has_partitions.  Is that latter just its immediate partitions?
>> Recursion all the way down?  Somewhere in between?
>>

> We have patches proposed to address some of those concerns at [1]
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFjFpRcs5fOSfaAGAjT5C6=YvDD7MRx3knf_SpB5DQZOJgjerA@mail.gmail.com

ISTM, David is talking about the "list tables" (bare \d without any
pattern) case.  That is, listing partitioned tables as of type
"partitioned table" instead of "table" as we currently do.  The linked
patch, OTOH, is for "describe table" (\d <object_name_pattern>) case.

Thanks,
Amit