Re: Binary support for pgoutput plugin

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: Binary support for pgoutput plugin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/4/19 4:39 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:
> I haven't really thought this through completely but one place JDBC has
> problems with binary is with
> timestamps with timezone as we don't know which timezone to use. Is it safe
> to assume everything is in UTC
> since the server stores in UTC ?

PL/Java, when converting to the Java 8 java.time types (because those
are sane), will turn a timestamp with timezone into an OffsetDateTime
with explicit offset zero (UTC), no matter what timezone may have been
used when the value was input (as you've observed, there's no way to
recover that). In the return direction, if given an OffsetDateTime
with any nonzero offset, it will adjust the value to UTC for postgres.

So, yes, say I.

Regards,
-Chap

Сообщение: Re: Sort support for macaddr8
Сообщение: Re: Sort support for macaddr8