Re: [PATH] Correct negative/zero year into_date/to_timestamp

От Yury Zhuravlev
Тема Re: [PATH] Correct negative/zero year into_date/to_timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>But I'm waiting for a discussion: what part should be changed?

I for compliance with the standard (all ISO). In addition Oracle uses
"IYYY" format.
Standards allow to reduce liability. But I think someone like Tom Lane can
have the final say because we break backward compatibility.
Options "year"/"isoyear" may confuse the users.

Thanks.

--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company