Re: MS-Access and Stored procedures

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: MS-Access and Stored procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
""Zlatko Matic"" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote in message
news:003401c5573f$10f1b7c0$61841dc3@zlatkovyfkpgz6...
>I was using ADO command object and both refresh method and method with
>creating parameter object while working with Access Project...but I didn't
>try to use it with PostgreSQL...
> I would rather like to have all queries on client side anyway. Therefore I
> use pass-through queries. But it doesn't allow using parameters (execept
> by concatenation). Also, you can't base subforms on pass-through queries,
> so now I use strange combination of local tables, append queries with
> parameters based on pass-through queries etc. It works but I'm aware that
> it is not very clever:)...

I find it hard to imagine why you would want to do it that way.  Perhaps if
you explain what you are trying to do, others can offer suggestions.

> I think that it would be great if pass-through queries could accept
> parameters. That would be a powerfull way for executing queries on client,
> while keeping all the code on front-end side...But I doubt that Microsoft
> will work on further Access improving anymore. It seems that Access is
> left behind while VS.NET is top technology. Too bad...
>
> IS there any good book covering MS Access usage as front-end for different
> database servers except MSDE ?

I find the "Access XX Developer's Handbook" (where XX is the Access version)
gives the best all round coverage of Access development issues, including
client-server.