Re: Changing default ../data/ directory

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Changing default ../data/ directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/4/20 7:20 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I run Slackware (currently -14.2/x86_64) and postgres-11.5. The data
> directory has always been located in /var/lib/pgsql/<version>/data. This
> data directory is located in the / partition on a 240G SSD.
>
> There's another 2T HDD with a /data partition and I want to both move the
> current /var/lib/pgsql/data cluster to /data/pgsql/11 and have all future
> databases use that location.
>
> The PGDATA environment variable used to be used for this (but I never did
> get it satisfactorily working). Web searches show changing initdb or,
> perhaps, postgresql.conf (there is a /usr/share/postgresql.conf.sample but
> no postgresql.conf).

Not following above:

1) Are you looking for your current postgresql.conf?

2) Some examples of postgresql.conf?

More below.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-file-locations.html#GUC-DATA-DIRECTORY

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: nikhil raj
Сообщение: Re: Changing default ../data/ directory
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: When should parameters be passed as text v. binary?