Re: SSL connection option from client side?

От dipti shah
Тема Re: SSL connection option from client side?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I got how SSL and SSH works in PostGreSQL from chapter 17.8 and 17.9.

Thanks,
Dip

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM, dipti shah <shahdipti1980@gmail.com> wrote:
I got the information about how to set server configuration to make SSL aware only from http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/ssl-tcp.html. Please see below and let me know if I am missing anything.

   1. I need to switch on "ssl" attribute in postgresql.conf and compile the server again.
   2. In pg_hba.conf, I have to use "hostssl" for all client connections.

Also, after setting above configurations, if I connect to my database using "psql -d Techdb -U postgres" then automatically it will be SSL connection or I need to specify any option from client side?

Thanks,
Dipti