storage of sensor data with Fourier transforms

От Nathan Buchanan
Тема storage of sensor data with Fourier transforms
Дата
Re: storage of sensor data with Fourier transforms  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello!<br /><br />I have a potential situation where I will have a lot of sensor data coming in very often. (every
secondor so) The sensor data is from physics type measurements, and will normally follow a slowly changing pattern with
sinusoidaldisturbances. The overall shape of the data is more important than catching high frequency disturbances. <br
/><br/>I had the idea of taking the Fourier transform of the waveform and storing the waveform internally that way to
reducestorage requirements. When I get some free cycles, I may try doing this. I would want it to be done in the
databasein such a way that the user can still join to a table using this internal storage scheme. <br /><br />Why am I
mailingthis list? I'd like to ask if anyone has heard of someone doing anything like this. I did a small search of the
listsand internet but didn't come up with anything. I just don't want to re-invent the wheel. <br /><br />Thanks for
problems?Call Avogadro at 6.02 x 10^23.