Re: options for launching sql script asynchronously from web app

От Nikolas Everett
Тема Re: options for launching sql script asynchronously from web app
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Authenticate in web app and drop a script in a directory and run them with cron maybe?
Authenticate in web app and drop a row in a table and let a long running process suck the row out and kick something off in a thread pool?

I've seen both.  You've got to monitor both somehow.  The second one is much more work but lets you do more with the output and gives you a nice thread pool.  There might be a simple bash-ie way to make a thread pool, but I don't know it.

--Nik