Re: performance tips please

От Tomi NA
Тема Re: performance tips please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/21/06, Hugo <htakada@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am testing my application and DB (postgres 8.1.4 ) on a :
>     DELL-Power Edge 1800 with 2 Xeon 3.2ghz,  2 Gb RAM and 2 SCSI 149 Gb
> each.
> trouble is that the same application and DB(postgres 8.0.4) runs on a:
>      DELL pentium 3 with 526MB of RAM and an IDE 20 GB
>
> and comparing the performance of both, a get only 20-30seconds faster
> the second server performing this way.
>
> any advice is very appreciated,
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Hugo

I assume the the task takes longer than 5 seconds to complete?
Are you running the same OS? Can pgsql distribute the load on both
Xeon processors? Is pgsql custom compiled for a specific architecture
(Pentium III, for example)? How do you measure the response time? Are
there other apps involved?

t.n.a.