Re: setting the environment locale - linux, windows

От Tomi NA
Тема Re: setting the environment locale - linux, windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/21/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 12:49:31AM +0200, Tomi NA wrote:
> > This is probably somewhat offtopic, but it does relate to postgresql so...
> > Problem summary: I have a UTF-8 encoded database running on linux on
> > which upper() and lower() string functions ignore locale specific
> > characters.
>
> You need to look at your LC_COLLATE settings. LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE
> are fixed at initdb and constant across the DB.

So, if I were to backup my database, clear the data directory,
reinitialize the cluster and restore the database using the correct
LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE, I'd have one language nailed?

> > Are there plans to enable assigning locale at the database level?
>
> Plans, yes. Progress, a bit slow...

No estimates, then?
Nevertheless, thanks for the help.

Tomislav