Re: Move defaults toward ICU in 16?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Move defaults toward ICU in 16?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-02-10 at 18:00 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Until something like my patch above is done more generally
> applicable, I think
> your patch should disable ICU on windows. Can't just fail to build.
>
> Perhaps we don't need to force ICU use to on with the meson build,
> given that
> it defaults to auto-detection?

Done. I changed it back to 'auto', and tests pass.

> But, shouldn't pg_upgrade be able to deal with this? As long as the
> databases
> are created with template0, we can create the collations at that
> point?

Are you saying that the upgraded cluster could have a different default
collation for the template databases than the original cluster?

That would be wrong to do, at least by default, but I could see it
being a useful option.

Or maybe I misunderstand what you're saying?

> This stuff shouldn't be in here, it's due to a debian patched
> autoconf.

Removed, thank you.

--
Jeff Davis