Possible regression setting GUCs on \connect

От David Steele
Тема Possible regression setting GUCs on \connect
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

I have been updating pgAudit for PG16 and ran into the following issue
in the regression tests:

\connect - user1
WARNING:  permission denied to set parameter "pgaudit.log_level"

This happens after switching back and forth a few times between the
current user when the regression script was executed and user1 which is
created in the script. Specifically, it happens at [1].

I have tracked the issue down to context == PGC_USERSET for case
PGC_SUSET in set_config_option_ext(). This GUC is PGC_SUSET so it seems
like once it is set reloading it should not be an issue.

If the GUC is set again immediately before the \connect then there is no
error, so it looks like the correct context is being lost somewhere
along the way.

Before I get into serious debugging on this issue, I thought it would be
good to bring it up in case the answer is obvious to someone else.

Thanks,
-David

[1]

https://github.com/pgaudit/pgaudit/compare/dev-pg16-ci#diff-db4bb73982787fa1d07d4c9d80bc54028b8d2a52b80806f1352a42c42f00eaaaR604