Re: How to update upper-bound of tstzrange ?

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: How to update upper-bound of tstzrange ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2024-05-20 12:30 +0200, Laura Smith wrote:
> Could someone kindly help me out with the correct syntax ?
>
> My first thought was the below but that doesn't work:
>
> update foo set upper(bar_times)=upper(bar_times)+interval '1' hour where bar_id='abc';
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "("
> LINE 1: update event_sessions set upper(bar_times)=upper(bar_ti...

Use the constructor function:

    UPDATE foo SET bar_times = tstzrange(lower(bar_times), upper(bar_times) + interval '1' hour);

But this does not preserve the inclusivity/exclusivity of bounds from
the input range, so you may have to pass in the third argument as well.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/rangetypes.html#RANGETYPES-CONSTRUCT

--
Erik