Re: Get memory contexts of an arbitrary backend process

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Get memory contexts of an arbitrary backend process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/11/16 19:58, torikoshia wrote:
> On 2020-10-28 15:32, torikoshia wrote:
>> On 2020-10-23 13:46, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>
>>> I think we might need to step-back to basic design of this feature
>>> since this patch seems to have unhandled corner cases that are
>>> difficult to find.
>
> I've written out the basic design below and attached
> corresponding patch.

I'm starting to study how this feature behaves. At first, when I executed
the following query, the function never returned. ISTM that since
the autovacuum launcher cannot respond to the request of memory
contexts dump, the function keeps waiting infinity. Is this a bug?
Probably we should exclude non-backend proceses from the target
processes to dump? Sorry if this was already discussed.

     SELECT pg_get_backend_memory_contexts(pid) FROM pg_stat_activity;

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center

Сообщение: Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Сообщение: Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf