Re: [HACKERS] More flexible LDAP auth search filters?

От Mark Cave-Ayland
Тема Re: [HACKERS] More flexible LDAP auth search filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/08/17 23:17, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Peter Eisentraut
>> On 7/16/17 19:09, Thomas Munro wrote:
>>>
>>> Gah, it would help if I could spell "occurrences" correctly.  Fixed in
>>> the attached.
>>
>> Please also add the corresponding support for specifying search filters
>> in LDAP URLs.  See RFC 4516 for the format and
>> https://linux.die.net/man/3/ldap_url_parse for the API.  You might just
>> need to grab LDAPURLDesc.lud_filter and use it.
>
> Good idea.  Yes, it seems to be that simple.  Here's a version like
> that.  Here's an example of how it looks in pg_hba.conf:
>
> host   all             all  127.0.0.1/32        ldap
> ldapurl="ldap://localhost/ou=people1,dc=my-domain,dc=com??sub?(cn=%25u)"
>
> Maybe we could choose a better token than %u for user name, since it
> has to be escaped when included in a URL like that, but on the other
> hand there seems to be wide precedent for %u in other software.

Yeah, mostly I only ever see ldapurls used programatically, i.e. the
configuration allows you to set the various fields separately and then
the software generates the URL with the correct encoding itself. But if
it's documented that's not a reason to reject the patch as I definitely
see it as an improvement.

As I mentioned previously in the thread, the main barrier preventing
people from using LDAP is that the role cannot be generated from other
attributes in the directory. In a lot of real-life cases I see, that
would be enough to discount PostgreSQL's LDAP authentication completely.

ATB,

Mark.