Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1

От Ron
Тема Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/9/21 1:57 PM, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:
[snip]
> In other words, different from what you see. I'm an ordinary end user. I don't even think expllictly about “building"
anythingin the PostgreSQL system. I got into this mess (as I believe) because I did this:

> brew update
> brew upgrade
>
> A colleague advised me to do this periodically as a hygiene measure. It had the surprising, and for me undesired,
side-effectof upgrading my PostgreSQL installation from 12 to Version 13.1. I suppose that this triggered a build of
somekind.

Don't run commands (especially system-related commands) unless you know what
they do.

In this case, they mean:
Get the latest version numbers of homebrew-installed software.
Upgrade all homebrew-installed software to the latest version.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1
От: Bryn Llewellyn
Сообщение: Re: psql behavior change on upgrade from version 12.x to 13.1