Re: [DOCS] Partition: use triggers instead of rules

От NikhilS
Тема Re: [DOCS] Partition: use triggers instead of rules
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> The argument I made for keeping the example around is not dependent on
> the assumption that using a rule is a good idea.  It's dependent on
> the established fact that we have recommended that in prior releases,
> and therefore people are going to be seeing that construct in real
> databases.

And they could refer back to the older version of the documentation for
it. In fact, we should mention that in the patch:

<note><para>If you have a partitioning setup that uses rules please
refer to the 8.2 documentation on partitioning</para></note>

+1

Regards,
Nikhils
--