Re: Auto creation of Partitions

От NikhilS
Тема Re: Auto creation of Partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> But when I say
> CREATE TABLE ( a int PRIMARY KEY, ... ) PARTITION blah ...
> then I expect that the primary key will be enforced across all
> partitions.  We currently sidestep that issue by not offering seemingly
> transparent partitioning.  But if you are planning to offer that, the
> unique index issue needs to be solved, and I see nothing in your plan
> about that.

Agreed, it needs to Just Work.  I think it'd still be useful though
if we only support auto-partitioning on the primary key, and that
restriction avoids the indexing problem.

                        regards, tom lane

Sure, but as Chris mentioned earlier, wouldn't it be useful to maintain uniqueness on a
partition-by-partition basis too?

Regards,
Nikhils
--
EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Auto creation of Partitions
Сообщение: Re: Auto creation of Partitions