Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOTUpdates

От NikhilS
Тема Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOTUpdates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 11/10/06, Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> wrote:

> > True, but Nikhil has run tests that clearly show HOT outperforming
> > current situation in the case of long running transactions. The need

> > to optimise HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum() and avoid long chains does
> > still remain a difficulty for both HOT and the current situation.
>

> Yes, I carried out some pgbench runs comparing our current
> HOT update patch with PG82BETA2 sources for the long running
> transaction case. For an apples to apples comparison we got

Vaccuums every 5 minutes, or no vaccuums ?

We tried with both. Vacuum seems to do little to help in a long running transaction case. Generally in most of the pgbench runs that we carried out, autovacuum did not seem to be of much help even to PG82.

Regards,
Nikhils

--
EnterpriseDB               http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview of HOT Updates
Сообщение: Re: Frequent Update Project: Design Overview ofHOTUpdates