Re: Logical replication very slow

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Logical replication very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25/2/19 9:59 π.μ., Boris Sagadin wrote:

Doing an initial replica.

postgres 119454 93.5 25.9 34613692 32649656 ?   Rs   07:16  32:45  \_ postgres: 10/main: bgworker: logical replication worker for subscription 24783 sync 16500

I've cancelled the sync, set the tables to unlogged type and started it again. I think it helped, still much slower than binary, but better, about 40MB/s. Will set them back to logged type after initial replica is done.
Will this work at all? Doesn't unlogged mean no changes are written to the WAL? What if you just copy by dump and then just add and refresh without copy_data ?

After the initial replica, there aren't that many updates, so it's OK then. But if a need for a new slave arises, waiting a few days for initial replica to finish, which in binary replication case is just hours, can be a big problem for us.

Boris